As the main point in the Netherlands, LAPS, Research Institute for Art and Public Space, contributes to the development, disclosure and presentation of knowledge on art and public space. The research institute carries out research, on the one hand on fundamental questions and basic principles in regard to art, design and the public domain, and on the other hand on practical problems in relation to specific situations. LAPS, Research Institute for Art and Public Space works for commissioners that vary from public authorities to organizations and freelancers. The research institute also initiates its own research and disperses the results through symposia, lectures, debates, publications and exhibitions.
- 10.12.2020 Out Now: IN/Search RE/Search IN/ SEARCH RE/ SEARCH explores how artists and designers can contribute viable and alternative ways of thinking to counter the dangerous and pervasive neoliberal forces influencing the globe. It considers how research in art academies... Read more
- 13.11.2020 Watch: Research Symposium 2019/2020 The Research Fellowship is an initiative of the Sandberg Institute and Rietveld Academie to pursue different knowledge practices involving topics such as Artificial Intelligence, The City and New Materials. From both Rietveld and Sandberg, a... Read more
- 22.10.2020 Creator Doctus: Documentation Yael Davids & start of the second trajectory with Femke Herregraven On 28th of September 2020 Yael Davids publicly defended her research concluding the first Creator Doctus (CrD) trajectory. She was awarded the first CrD degree! The focus of Yael Davids’ research A Daily Practice is on somatic... Read more
- 01.10.2020 Research Fellowship Symposium On Friday 9 October 2020, the Research Fellowship symposium will take place. This online symposium will be streamed on live.sandberg.nl from 12.00h to 18.00h. View the full programme here. Update: Watch the recorded livestream of... Read more
- 29.09.2020 Research Fellowship project The Gerrit Rietveld Academie and the Sandberg Instituut piloted the ‘Research Fellowship project’ in 2018. The Research Fellowship project is an annual event that supports staff, alumni and third parties in the development of their... Read more