As the main point in the Netherlands, LAPS, Research Institute for Art and Public Space, contributes to the development, disclosure and presentation of knowledge on art and public space. The research institute carries out research, on the one hand on fundamental questions and basic principles in regard to art, design and the public domain, and on the other hand on practical problems in relation to specific situations. LAPS, Research Institute for Art and Public Space works for commissioners that vary from public authorities to organizations and freelancers. The research institute also initiates its own research and disperses the results through symposia, lectures, debates, publications and exhibitions.
- 22.10.2020 Creator Doctus: Documentation Yael Davids & start of the second trajectory with Femke Herregraven On 28th of September 2020 Yael Davids publicly defended her research concluding the first Creator Doctus (CrD) trajectory. She was awarded the first CrD degree! The focus of Yael Davids’ research A Daily Practice is on somatic... Read more
- 01.10.2020 Research Fellowship Symposium On Friday 9 October 2020, the Research Fellowship symposium will take place. This online symposium will be streamed on live.sandberg.nl from 12.00h to 18.00h. View the full programme here. For this symposium, the following candidates... Read more
- 29.09.2020 Research Fellowship project The Gerrit Rietveld Academie and the Sandberg Instituut piloted the ‘Research Fellowship project’ in 2018. The Research Fellowship project is an annual event that supports staff, alumni and third parties in the development of their... Read more
- 22.09.2020 Public defence Yael Davids – Creator Doctus On the 28th of September 2020 Yael Davids will publicly defend her research concluding the first Creator Doctus (CrD) trajectory. The defence ceremony can be watched online. The Creator Doctus project enables higher arts education institutions... Read more
- 09.03.2020 Open call for abstracts Think Tank #6 – open call for papers, presentations and moderated talks The Glass Virus is now inviting practice led researchers and postgraduates to submit abstracts for ‘Relevance of Critical Making: Practice and Education’ Think... Read more